From: "Georg C. F. Greve" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: [issue19] Add Events to Web Page
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 09:31:58 +0000
It occurs to me that currently I'd have problems going there. I'm asking myself
among other things:
- WHERE exactly is it?
- WHAT do I have to pay to get in?
- WHEN exactly will be Reinhards speech and WHEN will it end?
We should try to come up with a way of providing that information consistently.
My suggestion as immediate improvement would be that every event entry title
<NAME>, <LOCATION>, <CITY>, <COUNTRY>
And the description should always contain a word about possible admission fees.
In the medium perspective, we might want to consider how we actually map the
individual speeches and tasks inside one larger event. If several people speak,
I would like to be able to supply that information.
So we may either want to discipline ourselves strongly or add another subset of
tags for this. Information I would like to have as someone who's planning to
- Speaker(s) (mandatory, maybe as link)
- Title/Summary of speech/conference (mandatory)
- Language of speech/conference (mandatory)
- Start and end time of speech/conference (mandatory)
- Expected audience (optional)
- Possible link to preparatory/additional information (optional)
Until we have better ways of providing this info, we should try to put it in
text into the event descriptions, I think.