- <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <news date="2007-07-11">
- <title>BBC: Questions for Microsoft on open formats</title>
- Featured article by <a href="/about/greve">Georg Greve</a> and <a href="/about/jakobs/">Joachim Jakobs</a>
- about the need for Open Standards in archival, and why using MS-OOXML risks future data loss:
- "Digital information could potentially be stored without loss of quality for a very long time to come.
- But without knowledge about the encoding, our documents will become a meaningless series of ones and zeroes to future generations, just like cave paintings are too often meaningless bits of colour on stone to us."