- <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
- <news date="2005-11-23">
- FSFE files application for leave to intervene in antitrust suit against Microsoft
- The Free Software Foundation Europe (FSFE) filed an application for
- leave to intervene in the antitrust suit against Microsoft today. Georg
- Greve, President of FSFE said: "The more Microsoft is able to purchase
- its opponents' solidarity, the more important FSFE's commitment to
- freedom and interoperability is."
- These days, FSFE meets adversaries of freedom in various venues: In
- Brussels, the 'Intellectual Property Rights European Enforcement
- Directive' (IPRED2) is being pushed by the rights-holding industry, and
- Microsoft has shown that it was able to rewrite the Vienna Conclusions
- on ICT and Creativity for the UN World Summit on Information Society (WSIS).