- <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
- <news date="2005-06-28">
- <title>Karlsruhe Memorandum against Software Patents 2005</title>
- Members of the European Parliament have been given a copy of the
- Karlsruhe Memorandum against Software Patents 2005. Issued by Free
- Software Foundation Europe, this memorandum collected more than 200
- signatures at this year's GNU/LinuxTag conference in Karlsruhe. Citing scientific evidence, the text argues that software patents in Europe will hurt jobs and innovation. Among the supporters are leaders of some of Europe's biggest trade union groups.