- <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?>
- <news date="2006-07-12">
- <title>Commission to Microsoft: Preventing interoperability has a price</title>
- European Commission to fine Microsoft 1.5 million Euro per day
- retroactively from 16. December 2005, totalling 280.5 million Euro.
- Should Microsoft not come into compliance until the end of July 2006,
- the daily fines could be doubled. These fines are a reaction to
- Microsofts continued lack of compliance with the European Commission
- decision to make interoperability information available to competitors
- as a necessary precondition to allow fair competition. FSFE has
- supported the European Commission from the start of the suit in 2001.